Prime Telecom team members are young, enthusiastic, very well trained and oriented towards the best results..
If you share these attributes and you want to join our team, you can send us your curriculum vitae la hr[at] primetelecom [dot] ro.
As a Network Engineer, our new colleague will be part of our 3rd level of the support team.
Our new colleague will be responsible for configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Prime Telecom’s MPLS/Switched/IP network including:
- Operations, administration, and management of network devices;
- Performing ongoing performance tuning, recommend upgrades, and resource optimization as required;
- Provisioning of new network devices;
- Provisioning of new services;
- Ensuring network infrastructure operation within SLA requirements, monitoring alerts, performance, and availability;
- Work closely with our 1st Level of the Support team to resolve escalated tickets and participate in our on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with:
- Router and Switches from vendors like Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Mikrotik, and others
- Firewalls from Fortigate, Cisco, Juniper
- and have good knowledge and understanding of:
- BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS, LDP
- STP, VLANs
- DNS, DHCP, NTP, SYSLOG, SNMP, and other related network services
- Wi-Fi technologies
- protocol debugging using tools like Wireshark, tcpdump etc.
- Linux administration
Cisco and Juniper training & valid certifications will be considered as a great plus
- Advanced Linux skills (RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS)
- Customer-facing role that includes, but is not limited to, issue resolution and escalation management at the technical, business owner and executive levels
- Good knowledge of Openstack / VMware
- Advanced Scripting (bash/perl/python)
- Network and security concepts
- Knowledge of network monitoring applications and protocols (SNMP, NMS);
- Application and database servers configuration (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, MySQL)
- Strong understanding of application transport and network infrastructure protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP)
- Experience with Routers, Switches, VRF
- Administering and configuring layer 2 and layer 3 Cisco networks
- Good understanding of networking concepts such as Ethernet protocols, VLANs, STP, LACP, VPC, SNMP, DHCP, Layer 3 protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot and configure server networking components, identify problems by reviewing logs from OSs, switches and analyze packet captures
- The familiarity of multiple operating systems such as Windows Server, Linux OSs
- Routing protocols (OSPF / EIGRP / Static);
- High availability protocols (VRRP / HSRP);
- Access lists (ACLs) / Firewall Filters;
- Intermediate knowledge with firewalls;
- Knowledge in the area of the installation and configuration of network components (Routers, Switches, VPN Gateways, Firewalls, Proxies, and others)
- Communication skills both in the team and in customer support operations
- Main: Cloud Prime architecture development
- Active involvement in all processes of development, maintenance, monitoring, customer support
preparing disaster recovery, security, etc. scenarios.